The Open Contracting Data Standard (OCDS) Pilot data file includes standing offer and supply arrangement, tender, award, and contract history information for procurements conducted by PWGSC on behalf of government departments and agencies since 2012.
The data elements used to share information are specific to the OCDS. This means that certain data elements that are used by PWGSC may not be required in the OCDS Pilot data file. The following describes which PWGSC procurement data elements and information are included or not included in the OCDS Pilot data file.
Updates made to the OCDS Pilot data files
Effective November 19, 2015, the following updates were made to the OCDS Pilot data files:
- GSINs: The structure of listing the GSIN codes has changed. Since item descriptions are always the same as item classification names, the item classification description has been omitted. The GSIN code description is only included at the "id" level.
- Buyer identifiers: A schema has been included before the departmental identifiers to reflect the use of PWGSC internal identifiers. "scheme": MISC-BUYANDSELLGCCA
- OCID: A new prefix has been introduced to the OCID field to globally identify the data as part of PWGSC contracting processes: ocds-34a6hz
- URL escaping: The format of displaying URL has been corrected to avoid invalid URL escaping.
- Amendments: The approach to describing contract amendments has been modified to make use of the "rationale" element in order to include all related contract amendments and their details, including amendment number, award date, expiry date, and value.
- Value: A minor change was made to correct the format used to represent values/amounts.
- Tag: A minor change was made to correct the format used to represent release tags.
The Open Contracting Data Standard (OCDS) Pilot data carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use.
Download the files
For detailed specification of the fields and data structures used when publishing the OCDS Pilot data, please refer to the Open Contracting Data Standard Release Schema.
- Fiscal year 2012-2013: OCDS Pilot, JSON (98 MB)
- Fiscal year 2013-2014: OCDS Pilot, JSON (89 MB)
- Fiscal year 2014-2015: OCDS Pilot, JSON (75 MB)
- Fiscal year 2015-2016: OCDS Pilot, JSON (13 MB)
What PWGSC information is included in the OCDS data file?
The OCDS Pilot data file includes the following PWGSC information:
- Tenders: All PWGSC-generated tender notices, from April 1, 2012 to present.
- Awards: All PWGSC-generated award notices, from April 1, 2012 to present
- Contract History: Only the total contract value that is included with the latest amendment. The OCDS does not include details for documenting all contract amendments, and does not separate between the values of an individual contract amendment versus the contract as a whole.
- SOSA: The majority of SOSA records are repeats of Contract History records, so they will only appear when a corresponding contract history record is not in place.
Please note that for all above mentioned procurement data, the OCDS element "buyer" corresponds to the PWGSC element "End User".
What PWGSC information is not included in the OCDS Pilot data file?
The OCDS Pilot data file does not include the following PWGSC data elements:
- Titles: In general, the titles that are used to describe PWGSC procurements (for example the title of a tender notice) are not retained by OCDS.
- Tenders: The following elements are not captured in the OCDS Pilot data file: region of delivery, notice type, and trade agreements.
- Awards: The separate award notice is not captured in the OCDS Pilot data file as this information is inherited from the tender.
- Contract History and SOSA: The following elements are not captured in the OCDS Pilot data file: region of delivery, supplier information, limited tender reason, solicitation procedure, and trade agreements.